Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Sending of Peace!

This past weekend I (George) got an opportunity to visit the great state of North Carolina – home of hot now Krispy Kream Doughnuts, cow pastures and most of all - my dear family. I had great moments with a few friends but the moments that I had to spend with my mother, father, sister and my two nephews was exactly what the doctor ordered. Although I did not get to spend much time with them, it was well worth the flight and effort to get there.

As most of you know, Tondra and I have a big heart for marriage and family ministry. Well, check out where I got my start. My father and mother have modeled an excellent marriage and have laid the foundation for a family that loves God and desires to impact his kingdom. They have been married for 40 years and still have plenty to go. Praise God that in an age where marriages end quicker than they begin, there is still hope for a healthy model to follow.

As I was leaving I thought I would take a photo to show the NYC Gregory’s (Tondra, Jaylen, and Camryn). As I was taking the photo everyone said goodbye with a “peace sign”. When I got home and thought about that moment, it made me realize that my family was sending me back to NYC with the “peace of God”. The peace of God (Shalom) means – completeness, soundness, welfare, and safety. As we continue this season of our lives in this new land we need God’s peace and blessings. In 1 Sam 1:17 Eli sent Hannah away by saying, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him."

As we have been given God’s peace as a sign of his love for our lives, please stand with us as we ask God to:


  1. Grant us good health. As the fall cool down beings pray against colds, viruses and any sicknesses.

  2. Grant us a great location to have our services. Location is everything and we need “THE” place to inspire, motivate and teach God’s peace.

  3. Grant us His provision with partnership from other churches and individuals that have a heart and understand missions and church planting in NYC.

  4. Grant us connections and favor with 2-3 key business men and women that will get behind this church plant in major ways.

Prayer: My God grant us his peace and grant us the things that we ask of him according to his will. Amen.

1 comment:

Beth in NC said...

Am I the only one who reads this blog and notices that it hasn't been updated since September? :o) Miss you!